IT SECURITY ASSESSMENTS
IT Security Assessments are not only vital, but also government-mandated for organizations that store information technologically. Risk management is especially critical for organizations that hold sensitive information and data, such as medical, law enforcement, financial and commercial-oriented organizations whose data loss could compromise their confidentiality, integrity and assets.
BAI Security can work with your organization and determine vulnerabilities and threats to your systems. IT Security Assessments can provide your organization with a rating of your security and suggest how to improve IT security.
Whether you’re bringing on a newly acquired organization, implementing a new application platform or virtual environment, adding computers or leaving systems “as-is,” new vulnerabilities should be anticipated. BAI Security can help catch these vulnerabilities before any harm can be done with our thorough security assessment.
By regularly performing a comprehensive IT security audit and information security assessment, you can gain the insight you need to put the right strategies, technologies, policies, and procedures in place to ensure optimal protection.
Here are a few more you might want to perform an IT Security Assessment—and a few other reasons why you need to:
- They can reduce long-term costs – Obviously, identifying potential threats and working to mitigate them has the potential to prevent security incidents, which saves your organization money in the long run.
- Information security best practices provide a template for future assessments – IT Security Risk Assessments aren’t a one-off; you need to continuously update them. By doing a good job on the first one, you create a repeatable process that can be picked up by someone else in the event of staff turnover.
- An Information Technology Assessment can provide your organization with greater self awareness – Knowing where your organization’s weaknesses lie helps give you a better idea of what areas your organization needs to grow and invest in.
- It helps you avoid breaches and other security incidents – This goes back to our first point. A well-done IT Security Risk Assessment can improve your network security implementations and mitigate attacks and personal data breaches.
- It can improve communication – Typically an IT Security Risk Assessment requires input from a number of different departments and stakeholders. This can help increase organizational visibility and enhance communication.
Conducting social engineering exercises will test your staff against manipulation techniques used by cybercriminals to gather sensitive information or access your network.
To make sure this won’t happen, BAI Security offers a multitude of non-threatening phone, in-person, and email phishing scenarios to fully evaluate this area of risk. We also offer enhanced tactics to take your security posture to the next level. These include endpoint compromise, USB drops, black box placements and more.
We’ll share how we were able to breach your network using these tactics so you can put roadblocks in place to prevent these intrusions in the future.